In long-awaited news, the U.S. has announced its plan to reopen to fully vaccinated foreign travellers on 8 November.
The U.S. border has been closed since March 2020 in response to the pandemic. So, for those hoping to reunite with family and friends for Thanksgiving, absorb the festive magic of New York, or enjoy the ski season in the Rocky Mountains, it’s a welcome update.
Thinking about chartering a jet to the U.S? Here’s what you need to know before you fly:
- You must be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved/authorised vaccine or a WHO EUL approved single-dose vaccine.
- Proof of vaccination is required before boarding.
- Fully vaccinated travellers must show a negative viral test result taken within 72 hours of travel to the U.S.
- Children under 18 are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 17 are also required take a pre-departure test.
For more details on entry requirements, take a look at the official fact sheet. There’s also a useful travel assessment to help you determine exactly how to prepare for your flight.
As transatlantic aircraft requests are likely to skyrocket, we recommend getting in touch now to secure your jet. Our dedicated team is on hand 24/7 with expert advice on travel regulations and flight routes. We’ll take the stress out of planning your journey, so you can make the most of your trip.
Share this Post